If you have a garden or outdoor space, an extension is a fantastic choice to expand the footprint of your property. More cost effective than moving home, extending is a great way to create much needed extra space in your property, whether to accommodate a growing family or to adapt to modern living requirements.
Classic Lofts are experts in creating spacious and light single and double storey extensions, designing each individual project to our client’s exact specifications. We offer a comprehensive service, designed to simplify the process of planning and constructing your extension starting with our in house, architect led design team who will work directly with you to design and maximise your new living space.
Like loft conversions, there are a few different styles of extension that can be achieved dependent on your property. The main types are:
Rear Extension – quite simply extending from the rear of your property straight out into your garden space.
Side Return – These extensions are most common in Victorian terraced houses where the original building leaves a strip of land on the side of the house making an L shaped garden. If you have lived in a house like this you are aware of how useless this dark, dingy passageway is. By extending sideways you can reclaim the unused space, transforming it into a spacious room full of natural light.
Rear & Side Return – incorporating both of the above for a truly spacious extension.
Double Storey – Like above, but double height – usually a kitchen and bathroom extension.
Have a look at our portfolio page for some inspiration on what you can achieve or contact us today to arrange an obligation free quotation.
Here’s a brief guide to the process:
- Free initial consultation
- Detailed project specification and quotation
- Arrangement of payment plan and signing of contract
- Detailed architectural drawings produced by our in house architect
- Liaison with planning control to obtain permission (if needed) on your behalf
- Advisory on Party Wall agreements and any other permissions
- Project scheduling & management on and off site
- Instruction of Specialist Contractors and start the build of your extension
- Weekly meetings with your specified project manager throughout the duration of your project
- Completion of the extension & provision of completion certificates